Pulled trumpet mushroom sandwich with alfalfa sprouts
I found out recently (from this recipe by Sarah Brown) you can shred trumpet or king oyster mushrooms and it looks like pulled pork. So I experimented by making a sandwich and it was really delicious!
Pulled trumpet mushrooms sandwich with alfalfa sprouts
- 0.45 lbs Trumpet mushrooms shredded
- 1 Small yellow onion chopped
- Paprika, cumin, salt and pepper to taste
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Veganaise to taste
- Bread slices (I used Bread Alone Whole Wheat Sourdough
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Shred mushrooms the long way with a fork. Make sure the mushroom pieces are stringy.
- Chop onion into small pieces.
- Pour oil over the pan and saute the mushrooms at medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add onion to the mushroom mixture.
- Flavor the sauteed mixture with paprika, cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until onions are super soft and browned and the mushrooms are a bit browned as well (approximately 10 minutes.)
- Toast two pieces of bread to your liking. Spread Veganaise on both sides of the bread. Dump the mushrooms on top and add a handful of alfalfa sprouts to the top.